Why go on Ski holidays for singles?
Whatever your reasons for travelling alone, we can help you find the perfect skiing holiday. Many people prefer the freedom that comes from travelling alone and, when it comes to skiing and snowboarding, which is perfect in a group or on your own, solo holidays are ideal.
Many people who haven’t travelled alone before end up describing their first trip almost as a religious experience. Solo travelling allows you to take in your surroundings at your own pace and indulge yourself. Our 2012-2013 range of singles ski holidays is now onsale.
Safety is often a big concern in the world of travelling alone, but with our skiing holidays you will always be staying in safe resorts with plenty of like minded people and families around. This isn’t backpacking in some jungle alone; there’s no getting lost and having to worry about finding your own way. Ski holidays for singles are some of the best solo holidays available on the market.
People often find that travelling with family, loved ones and friends can cause stress and ruin a holiday. Constantly organising and thinking of others isn’t always the best way to spend your well earned week off. Our ski holidays for singles allow you to travel by yourself and spend as much of the holiday on your own as you wish. Our un-structured and relaxed holidays allow you to meet other like minded individuals and to eat, drink and socialise as much or as little as you want.
When it comes to skiing, not everyone is of the same skill level. When friends partake in skiing holidays together, the better skiers often have to compromise and ski less demanding slopes or end up skiing separately. With ski holidays for singles, you can ski on whichever slope you wish without worrying about offending any friends or family you are travelling with. You can concentrate on what is important: having the perfect relaxing skiing holiday to suit your wants and needs.
One of the main issues that stop people from heading on skiing holidays by themselves is the whopping supplements that many resorts and hotels will charge for single rooms. Companies will often offer extremely attractive prices which are based on multiple people travelling and staying together. We are experts in this field and actually buy up single rooms well in advance to secure availability and the best price. In the unfortunate event that we run out of these rooms, we can offer twin rooms to share with a fellow solo traveller.
Ski Holidays for Singles Tips
Taking a look on the internet will find you hundreds of tips for travelling solo. We have combed through the lot and picked out some of the best tips for travelling alone that apply to skiing:
- Take some good books. If you have had a busy day skiing and don’t fancy mingling with the other travellers, settling down with a good book can be bliss.
- Obviously, you will have told your family and friends about your holiday plans, but using social media sites like Facebook and Twitter can be handy for putting people’s minds at rest with your status. Some people will prefer to be cut off from that side of life, which is fine too. Just let your loved ones know of your radio silence before hand.
- Talk to other solo travellers. It can be a great opportunity to meet new people and make some new friends, but only if you are comfortable and want to. Many other solo travellers will be keen to have a chat, drink or meal and share their experience of the holiday and travelling alone.
- Book your solo ski holiday early so that you can get your own room and avoid a twin room.
- Remember that, even if you are travelling solo, you will never be alone.
There is only so much you can read about ski holidays for singles, but the best way to find out what is in store is to take the plunge and book one for yourself. We are sure you won’t be disappointed!